Adobe has not supported PageMaker for may years. We can still deal with PageMaker 7 files.
In PageMaker, there is a plug–in under Utilities named Save for Service Provider. Using the Save for Service Provider plug–in, the user can copy the publication, all linked image files, fonts, and other files required to print the document. Save for Service Provider also helps resolve broken links by prompting the user to locate the folders containing linked files. Similarly, this plug–in can also check the status of links and fonts in a PostScript file generated by PageMaker 6.5.
A concise report of the information we need to create out–put from a PageMaker or PostScript file can also be created. The report includes details about fonts, linked graphics, a summary of the print settings, as well as information about who to contact regarding the publication.
To save files and generate a report using Save for Service Provider:
- Choose Utilities > Plug-ins > Save for Service Provider. The Summary dialog box opens. The plug–in works on the active publication if the Check Pub is clicked. If the user wants to check a PostScript file, click Check .PS, and then double-click the PostScript file that is to be sent to the printer.
- Click Fonts, Links, Printing, or Colors to see a detailed report on that aspect of the publication or PostScript file. Print the status information by clicking Print at any time.
- If the Links dialog box shows one or more linked files needing attention, click Relink or Relink All, and navigate to the correct image files.
- To save the publication, click Package, and set options as follows:
- From the Report Type pop–up menu, choose Formatted (for a PageMaker publication) or Text only (for an ASCII text–only file).
- Select Auto Open Package Report if, after saving the publication and associated files, the user wants to display the summary report in a new window on your desktop.
- Select Update Links to bring out–of–date links up–to–date in the original publication before making a package.
- For Include, select Copy Fonts to avoid missing fonts at print time, and then select the kind of fonts–All, Type 1 (PostScript), or TrueType.
- Click Notes to enter contact information, such as the user’s name and phone number, any comments on printing the publication, and then click OK.
- Specify a location in which to save all necessary files.
- Click Save to copy the necessary files to the destination folder.
Order printing online using my Adobe Pagemaker file.
Questions? Call 785-825-8124.